You know what’s really weird? Our fascination with reality! Think about it, we’re living real lives and everyone else is living real lives, but when we’re looking to escape — we want to escape to someone else’s real life! So what’s the special sauce behind reality TV and why can’t we get enough?
One word: Drama.
When something isn’t scripted, anything can happen. We all want to know what’s going to happen next! It’s this suspense that gets people hooked on shows like “Flip or Flop” and so many others like it. Drama, suspense, and a peek behind the curtain make up all the ingredients for great marketing and you can take advantage of this in your own marketing too.
Add Your Own Dash of Reality
We’ve made hundreds of posts ready to be used in your social media. And although our posts cover six important post categories, there are some important posts we simply can’t do for you because we can’t be at every single job site or home inspection.
In addition to our posts, it’s really important to add your own. They don’t have to be big productions. In fact, they can be quick videos or images captured with your smartphone. These behind-the-scenes glimpses into your daily activities capture attention and ignite the curiosity of your audience.
Use REI Social to Create Your Own Reality Show
Our image editor can help you resize your images, add text, stickers and even add filter effects. Feel free to grab a video and upload it through our Composer too. Use our scheduling tools to post regular updates and give your audience something to look forward to.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Show off the demolition and discoveries – Houses are full of mystery especially once you start opening walls
- Take photos of unique features or interesting things you find in the house
- Everyone loves a good before and after
- Having a fun meeting, or just working hard? Let your audience see what’s happening at your headquarters and with your team
- Did your rehab hit an unexpected problem? Turn that unpleasant surprise into a captivating dramatic moment and show your audience how capable, and resilient you really are.
Capitalizing on reality TV’s addictive recipe isn’t hard. It just takes a little imagination, and we’re here to help you create fans that just can’t get enough!